In this comprehensive Worx Pegasus vs Keter comparison, I am going to discuss all the major similarities as well as differences between these two best-selling workbenches in the market.
Given that both Worx Pegasus and Keter are two of the most popular workbenches in the market, most people often end up having a hard time choosing the most ideal one.
While they do have a significant price difference, with Keter being the cheapest of the two, there are certain features that make each of these work tables special regardless of the price difference.
At the end, I am finally going to recommend the better workbench that I guarantee will provide you with the best value for your money.
Table of Contents
- 1 Keter – 197283 Folding Table Work Bench
- 1.1 Worx Pegasus vs Keter Comparison- Features, Similarities, and Differences
- 1.2 Final Verdict: Worx Pegasus vs Keter Folding Work Table
Worx Pegasus vs Keter-Overview
Some of the major features I am going to point out during the comparison include;
- Maximum Weight Capacity
- Sturdiness and Durability
- Portability and Easy of Storage
- Ease of Set Up
- Clamping System
- Work Table Surface Area
- Ease of Use
- Ease of Maintenance
- Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Price Difference
- Pros and Cons of Worx Pegasus
- Pros and Cons of Keter Folding Work Table
- Verdict: Which is the Better Workbench- Worx Pegasus or Keter Folding Work Table?
- Worx Pegasus vs Keter- Bottom Line
That said, Let’s dive right in!
Worx Pegasus vs Keter Comparison- Features, Similarities, and Differences
1. Worx Pegasus vs Keter- Maximum Weight Capacity
One of the most important things to consider when purchasing a workbench is the Maximum Weight Load it’s capable of accommodating.
You certainly don’t want a work table that crumbles under the weight of just two pieces of lumber, finished table, or even building materials.
I’ll start off by discussing the weight capacity of Worx Pegasus.
Worx Pegasus is sturdy and incredibly strong.
Built to last, this workbench is constructed with dependable, molded ABS with super strong steel supports and fittings.
When used as a work table, Pegasus is capable of supporting up to 300lbs. This simply means that no matter how big your project is, this workbench can easily handle it.
The included Clamps help hold your projects in place to avoid unwanted movements.
When used in Saw Horse mode, Pegasus is perfectly capable of supporting a maximum weight capacity of up to 1000lbs!
This is incredibly amazing for such a lightweight work table (weighs a mere 25lbs- will discuss this feature right below).
Worx Pegasus is strong enough to hold a car and practically anything!
To prove its ability to accommodate such a high weight load capacity, the company behind the Pegasus lowered an entire car onto four Pegasus transformed into the sawhorse mode.
The four work tables surprisingly remained strong and stable under the weight of a car. Awesome, right?
No matter how big your project is, the Worx Pegasus will handle it with great ease.
But then, how does its high weight capacity fare against that of the Keter Folding Work Table?
The Keter Folding Work Table is yet another incredibly sturdy sawhorse Sawhorse worktable.
It’s a must-have if you’re looking for a work table that works great as a sawhorse.
The Keter Folding Work Table boasts of a work space capacity of a whopping 1000lbs.
This is almost 3 times larger than the Worx Pegasus’s 300lbs as a work table.
This is possible owing to the fact that Keter is also made with extremely sturdy materials-its constructed with heavy-duty resin with aluminium legs. The body of the frame is constructed with weather-resistant polypropylene construction which protects the work table against rusting, peeling, and denting.
You can only achieve this huge weight load capacity while using the Pegasus as a sawhorse.
The good thing about the Pegasus is that it’s extremely easy to transition between a work table for smaller projects and a sawhorse for larger projects.
As far as weight capacity is concerned, I would say that both the Worx Pegasus and Keter work table are solidly built which makes them strong enough to hold just anything.
I am going to give equal points to both work tables.
For much larger projects, you can purchase two or more work tables to act as powerful, high-capacity sawhorses.
2. Sturdiness and Durability
Both the Worx Pegasus and the Keter Folding Work Table are built-to-last.
The Worx Pegasus comes with incredibly strong steel supports that gives it the extra sturdiness to accommodate even the heaviest items.
No wonder a mere 4 Worx Pegasus work tables in the sawhorse mode are perfectly capable of supporting the weight of an entire car!
This table will serve you for the long haul.
The Keter Folding Work Table is also built with excellent sturdiness for strength, stability, and durability.
It’s constructed with heavy-duty resin and the legs are made of super strong aluminum.
Built to last, the Keter folding work table also boasts of a weather-resistant polypropylene construction that helps prevent peeling, rusting, and denting.
Now, comparing both the Worx Pegasus and Keter work tables, I have to say that the Worx Pegasus is better in terms of sturdiness and durability.
Why is that?
The Worx Pegasus work table is always being praised for its exceptional sturdiness. In fact, if you take a look at most of its customer reviews on Amazon, you’ll immediately notice the numerous praises for its strong and sturdy frame.
It doesn’t wobble.
On the other hand, I’ve seen one or two complaints about the Keter Work table not being sturdy enough.
However, these could be secluded cases as the general consensus is that the work table is truly strong and sturdy.
But to be safe, you’ll want a work table whose strength has been tried and tested.
Like in the case of Worx Pegasus, a car was lowered onto 4 Pegasus with a weight capacity of up to 1000lbs in the sawhorse mode. They didn’t wobble or crash under the weight of the car.
This alone is enough to convince you that the Worx Pegasus work table is the better of the two in terms of sturdiness and durability.
3. Ease of Storage and Portability
Both the Worx Pegasus and Keter Folding Work Table are some of the best foldable work tables in the market.
They both fold up nicely and compactly for easy storage and great portability.
The Worx Pegasus comes fully assembled and sets up in seconds.
When not in use, it folds flat for easy storage and transportation.
This makes carrying it from one place to another really quick and effortless.
You can throw it in the back of the truck and take it with you to the workshop or transport it to the yard or the basement with great ease.
Its portability is even made much better by its extremely lightweight design.
Like I stated earlier, the Worx Pegasus weighs only 25lbs.
This is extremely lightweight considering the table is capable of accommodating huge projects weighing up to 300lbs when used as a work table and up to 1000lbs when used as a sawhorse.
And since it’s a versatile work table, you can take it with you anywhere- in the garage, woodworking shop, painting, garden, building, or more.
The Keter Folding Work Table is also impressively lightweight but 5lbls heavier than the Worx Pegasus. It weighs 30lbs compared to 25 lbs of the Pegasus.
Like the Pegasus, the Keter also folds down to just a mere 4.4 inches thick for hassle-free storage.
When folded, its dimensions greatly reduce to 33.46 in. L x 21.65 in. W x 4.4 in. H compared to 33.46 in. L x 21.65 in. W x 29.75 in.
Verdict: Both the Worx Pegasus and Keter Work Table are easy to store thanks to their foldable design. Moving them from one place to another is easy thanks to their lightweight design. However, I am forced to remove a few points from Keter as it’s 5lbs heavier than the Pegasus work table. So if weight is of huge concern to you, I totally recommend the Worx Pegasus.
The Worx Pegasus work table comes with two custom integrated clamps that remain attached even when you fold the work table into a sawhorse.
Since these clamps are specifically designed for the Pegasus, they fit better, hold the materials better, and will last much longer.
The clamps are actually designed to handle materials up to 18” either in vertical or horizontal position.
This makes it perfect for holding down super thick wood, finished products, and other big items.
The clamps can actually provide a maximum force of up to 300lbss, this makes it suitable for large projects.
Thanks to these clamps, you actually don’t need a second set of hands to hold down whatever you’re working on.
This means you can work on the toughest jobs without requiring an assistant, which is really awesome.
The only problem is that the clamps’s cheap construction causes them to break after only a number of uses. This is a complaint I’ve seen across various customer reviews.
The Keter Folding Work Table also comes with a pair of one-hand clamps that hold your project materials securely in place.
Just like the Worx Pegasus, I did see quite a number of complaints from customers about the clamps being cheap and breaking easily
For some people, the clamps broke within the first month or after just a couple of usages.
Verdict: The Clamping System for both the Worx Pegasus and Keter Folding table is convenient. However, due to the clamps’ cheap construction, they tend to break easily and of course, replacement can be costly. This is something both companies have to work on because it’s really frustrating for customers.
5. Work Table Surface Area
The top work surface of the Worx Pegasus measures 31” x 25” while that of the Keter Folding Work Table is 33 1/4 ” x 21 1/2 “.
I would say that both work tables have adequate surface area to accommodate your project materials.
The Keter work table is significantly bigger in length compared to Pegasus.
However, its width is smaller compared to that of the Pegasus.
If you carefully calculate the difference in work surface dimensions, you can clearly see that the difference is quite small.
In terms of versatility, both the Worx and Keter working tables score equal points.
As multi-multipurpose work tables, they are both perfect for any kind of project. These include;
- Woodworking projects
- Commercial construction work
- Table Saw use
- Home Improvement
- DIY Projects
- Lawn and Garden work
- Garage projects
- and more…
The fact that they can be used for literally any kind of project makes these work tables an excellent option for anyone looking for great value for their money.
A manufacturer’s warranty gives you great peace of mind that in case the product you recently purchased becomes faulty at no fault of your own, then the manufacturer is obligated to either repair or replace the defective parts or even replace the entire unit with either a new or reconditioned unit.
Both the Worx Pegasus work table and the Keter Folding Work table are backed by the manufacturer’s warranty.
The Pegasus is backed by a 3-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty while the Keter is backed by a 2-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty.
So in terms of warranty, the Pegasus is a much better option.
Usually, the longer the warranty, the better.
And now we discuss one of the most important aspects- the price difference of the two popular work tables.
As far as the pricing is concerned, the Worx Pegasus is a little bit more expensive compared to the Keter.
When comparing the prices of different products, most people always go for a cheaper one- but only if the quality is the same or almost similar to the other product.
If you’re on a tight budget, I would recommend you go for the cheaper work table, that is, the Keter Folding Work Table.
However, be sure to consider the features we’ve mentioned above as the price of a product isn’t the only determining factor on whether it’s the better option.
Pros and Cons of the Worx Pegasus Work Table
Below is a conclusion of all the good things about the Worx Pegasus as well as its drawbacks. It’s basically a summary of all the features we’ve discussed above. I am to be as transparent as possible with this comparison review so let’s dive right in!
- Has an incredibly high weight capacity- can support up to 300lbs when used as a work table and up to a whopping 1000lbs as a sawhorse
- Built-to-Last– The work table is constructed with high-quality materials for extra sturdiness and durability. It’s made with dependable, molded ABS with sturdy steel supports and fittings. This work table will serve you for the long haul
- Lightweight– Weighing a mere 25lbs, this work table is extremely lightweight. It’s actually hard to imagine that a table that light can support up to 1000lbs. It’s insane!
- Foldable Design– The Worx Pegasus folds flat for easy storage and hassle-free transportation. In fact, it comes ready to use right out of the box. Simply unfold it with your two hands and get working!
- The work table comes with clamps that hold your project materials very tightly. It allows you to make straight cuts and basically, you don’t really need a second set of hands to assist you
- Storage Shelf– The Worx Pegasus also comes with some extra space right at the bottom so you can store your work essential or even place a power strip
- Has a large work surface area that will accommodate all of your project materials
- It comes pre assembled
- It’s a multi-purpose work table
- Looks sleek and stylish
- Its budget-friendly
- Backed by a 3-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- You may need to replace the clamps on a regular basis because they are a little bit flimsy and therefore tend to break easily. However, I’ve only see a few complaints about this but for transparency purposes, this is something you should probably keep in mind
- It’s a little bit expensive compared to the Keter Folding Work Table. If you’re on a tight budget, you’ll need to fork a few more dollars to get it. However, I don’t really think it’s fair to compare the price of the Pegasus to that of the Keter. I actually feel like the Pegasus is within most people’s price range and of course, there are countless other work tables that go for thrice as much. I feel the price is fair
The Pros and Cons of the Keter Folding Work Table
Below are some of the best features of the Keter Folding Work Table. I’ve also listed a few of its drawbacks. Let’s dive right in;
- It’s strong and durable- the work table is made of heavy-duty resin with aluminum legs. Its built-to-last
- It boasts of a lightweight and foldable design for hassle free transportation and storage
- It sets up and folds in seconds
- It has a high weight capacity of up to 1000lbls- it will support even the heaviest materials- it won’t wobble or crumble under the weight
- Comes with clamps that hold the project materials tightly and securely in place
- Doesn’t rust or peel
- Doesn’t fade
- Is weather-resistant
- Has a large work surface area
- Comes at an affordable price
- Backed by a 2-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Like the Pegasus, I’ve seen a few complaints about the clamps that come with the Keter being flimsy and therefore breaking after a short amount of time
- I’ve also seen a few complaints about the Keter work table not being very sturdy- this is a complaint that I haven’t seen anyone complaining about the Keter
Final Verdict: Worx Pegasus vs Keter Folding Work Table
In all honesty, I think that the Worx Pegasus is the better work table.
Although both tables are some of the best-selling on Amazon, I feel that the Pegasus deserves a little bit more recognition due to its exceptional sturdiness.
The company has tested its sturdiness and maximum weight capacity by lowering down an entire car onto 4 Pegasus tables in the sawhorse. The tables were able to support the entire weight of the car.
However, this doesn’t mean that the Keter isn’t a good option.
In almost every other way, it’s similar to the Pegasus despite the few design differences.
However, I totally feel that you will get the best bang for your buck with the Worx Pegasus Work Table.
And that ladies and gentlemen is my conclusion of the Worx Pegasus vs Keter Work Table Comparison review. Good luck and have a great time!